This is a painting of David L. Tullis (1808-1876) who
operated a blacksmith shop near the square in Mechanicsburg, OH. This
portait is a copy painted in 1878 by Estella Mitchell from an original
painting done in 1873 by the famous portait artist S. Jerome Uhl. This
portait is currently in the possession of Phil Little of Wichita, KS, a
descendant through Davidís daughter Helen Mahr Tullis. See additional
information on David L. Tullis and his family starting on page 23.